How we test products
Our mission is to take the guesswork out of finding the perfect sleep products.
We've dedicated hundreds of hours to testing mattresses and sleep accessories, and rely on a team of testers of differing weights, temperature preferences, and sleeping positions to evaluate each product.
Tested products are granted the Sleep Hero tested stamp of approval, a mark of our review's reliability.
If we haven't personally tested a product, please be assured that we invest significant time and energy into scouring the UK market and researching the best recommendations, and we work with a team of sleep experts who review our articles, ensuring that the insights we provide are not only relatable but also reliable.
Why would you need a bed bridge?
Sometimes, a mattress can be delivered in two parts, which is known as a zip and link mattress. 🤔
UK homes aren't always able to accomodate larger size mattresses, so this enables them to be delivered into the room easily.
If you use two separate mattresses instead of one, then you won’t be disturbed by your partner’s movements during sleep. ⛵
Alternatively, those with narrow entryways and stairwells can consider a bed-in-a-box.
The mattress comes vaccuum-packed in a box and can be delivered into the room with ease.
Check out our favourite bed-in-a-box mattresses below! 👇
Where can you buy cheap bed bridges?
Most bed bridges are available anywhere between £30 - £100. 🏷️
They're a much cheaper solution to replacing your mattresses with a king or super king bed.
They aren't stocked by many retailers, but can be ordered easily online. 💻
The Qucover Bed Bridge is one of the cheapest available.
Altneratively, the Feel At Home Bed Bridge is a more premium product, for those looking for a bit of luxury.✨
Should I buy a bed bridge?
Only you can decide if a bed bridge is right for you. 🤔
A bed bridge is a suitable solution for:
- Those that have two mattresses to convert into one bed
- Those that cannot afford to purchase a brand new mattress
- If your mattresses are supportive/comfortable
- If your partner has different sleeping preferences to you
However, a bed bridge is not the answer for everyone.
A bed bridge is not a suitable solution for:
- Those with two mattresses that are uncomfortable/unsupportive (invest in a topper or new mattress)
- Those with narrow entryways/stairwells (consider a bed-in-a-box instead)
- If your partner has similar sleeping preferences to you
- If you can afford to replace the mattress
- Those looking for undisturbed sleep (consider a low motion transfer mattress)
Here's a reminder of our favourite bed bridges available right now. 👇