Content team and sleep experts
We're a team of sleep heroes committed to finding the best sleep products in the UK and beyond.
Our team stretches far beyond the borders of the UK and consists of over 50 collaborators and independent experts from all corners of the globe.
We work with:
- Editors passionate about sleep
- Independent testers who try products in real conditions from a consumer point of view
- E-commerce specialists who find the best deals and discounts for our readers
- Sleep experts who provide specific advice on a variety of different needs
Our global heritage gives us a unique perspective, and we understand that different people need different products.
We also work with testers of different genders, body weights, sizes, and ages, all with different sleep preferences.
Our content team
Despite working with various testers, we have a small group of core content creators who make this website possible.
Here is a quick overview of the Sleep Hero UK team.
Content Director & Partner Relations
Nicky's travelled the world and slept on a fair number of beds - from luxurious king sizes in five-star hotels to creaky, worn innerspring mattresses in dodgy hostels. Now she's on the hunt to find the best in the sleep world in the UK and beyond, and share it all with the Sleep Hero team.
Senior Content Writer
Holly began as a sales consultant in one of the leading UK bed stores, where she learned about the sleep needs of the UK public and worked with some of the top UK brand representatives. When she became a content writer, Holly was determined to focus her writing on helping people make better sleep choices.
- RSPH: Understanding Sleep. CPD-accredited.
Katharyn's content writing began far away from home and on very little sleep. The older she gets, the more she appreciates a truly comfy bed set-up and the more obvious it is that there's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to sleep. She now gets her dreamy 8 hours, and it's time to help others discover what they need to sleep peacefully night after night.
- RSPH: Understanding Sleep. CPD-accredited
Since George was a kid, she's always had two main talents: writing and sleeping. So, it only made sense to combine the two and join the Sleep Hero team. Now, she travels the world as a digital nomad - but a luxury mattress and twelve-hour sleep are always at the top of her priority list.
- RSPH: Understanding Sleep. CPD-accredited
Marina is the Sleep Hero resident graphic designer, bringing words and articles to life with the best-quality graphics and original designs - all while travelling the world and gaining creative inspiration from the people she meets and places she sees.
A website without developers is like a house without a foundation - that's why Sleep Hero couldn't do without Pawel. He's in charge of web development and is responsible for the technical side of things. Pawel prides himself on always looking for the most efficient solutions to whatever life throws at him.
Like Pawel, Michal ensures the Sleep Hero website runs smoothly. He's a full-stack developer with a wide range of knowledge. Michal loves solving problems and sees an opportunity to learn something new everywhere - perfect qualities for an all-round software engineer.
Our sleep experts
We're also very proud to work with an international team of sleep experts who host regular training sessions for our content writers and help us provide the best content.
Take a closer look at our team of sleep experts:
Andrew is a sleep coach and sleep therapist practising cognitive behaviour therapy for insomnia (CBT-I). Based in the UK. 🇬🇧
Walter is a true sleep expert, focusing on ergonomic consultancy in terms of mattresses and pillows. He's even developed mattresses. Based in Germany. 🇩🇪
Björn is a sleep coach, working with both athletes and health professionals. He's also founded the online campus "Fit For Sleep" to share his training more widely. Based in Germany. 🇩🇪
Read our interview with Björn on sleep quality.
Caroline is a physiotherapist and back pain specialist. Her tips will help you find the mattress that's best for your body ... and your health! Based in France. 🇫🇷
Sleep Coach for Children
Susanne is Holland's first certified sleep coach for children, working on her own practice and sharing knowledge through books, apps, and beyond. Based in Holland. 🇳🇱
Read our interview with Susanne on sleep coaching for children.
Pâmela is a massage therapist specialising in post-operative rehabilitation, lymphatic drainage, sports, and relaxation. Based in Portugal. 🇵🇹
Nacho is a physiotherapist and personal trainer, specialising in invasive physiotherapy, ultra-sound, and injury rehabilitation. Based in Spain. 🇪🇸
You can also read more about our team of sleep experts.
Our sleep pet-sperts
Head of Cuteness
Nimbus is Sleep Hero's designated "Head of Cuteness". He tests mattresses and sleep accessories to ensure they're safe and comfortable for our furry friends. He also helps test the product's durability against kitty claws and dirty paws.
Our research process
Sometimes, it won't be possible to test a product. 😔
- It may not be available in the UK yet, but we really want to write about it.
- We may not be able to try all the products we want to test.
- Or, perhaps we're writing about something obscure, where we don't yet have the capacity to test.
All our tested products carry the "Sleep Hero Tested" stamp, so you can easily identify which products we've tested.
For all the other products we may have featured or included in best-of articles, you can rest assured that we've done the utmost to present the most fair and accurate information.
We have an extensive research process, where we not only read the best information available, but also talk to brands about their newest products, learn about real customer experiences, contact manufacturers with any questions about products, and ask our sleep experts to review our latest articles.
We're confident that the products we recommend are the best available at the time of writing.
How to navigate the Sleep Hero website
The design of our website will hopefully be quite intuitive, but buying a new mattress may not be.
We'd suggest the following steps:
- If you're entirely new to the ins and outs of buying a new mattress or need help with sleep concerns, we'd suggest you start with our Advice section. Here, you'll find answers to the most important questions you may have.
- Are you a hot sleeper? Do you share your bed with a partner? Do you want a luxury mattress? What mattress should you buy? In the Best Mattresses section, you'll find guides on finding the best mattress for your needs and in-depth mattress reviews that look at all the finer details.
- Of course, a bedroom won't be complete without a bed, so take a look at the Beds section to find the perfect companion for your mattress.
- Before you make your purchase, make sure you don't need anything else - like a pillow, mattress topper, duvet, or bedding. Our Sleep Accessories section can help you here.
- Finally, once you've decided on everything you need, head to the Discounts page to receive exclusive discount codes.
And if you're only here to read some good sleep-related content?
Then feel free to head over to our Blog section for interesting articles on the sleep world.
We're here to help you through every step of your mattress purchasing journey, from start to finish.