The Hyde & Sleep mattress collection
While the Hyde & Sleep mattress selection may seem quite complex, it’s actually pretty straightforward.
There are a total of six Hyde & Sleep mattresses, all named according to fruits and colours. 🍊🍋🍇
These can be broadly divided into two sub-categories:
- Memory foam mattresses with support zones.
- Hybrid mattresses with both memory foam and springs.
These two categories are further sub-divided into different firmness levels.
Hyde & Sleep memory foam mattresses
Hyde & Sleep offers a couple of different memory foam mattresses.
- Hyde & Sleep Lilac memory foam mattress (firm)
- Hyde & Sleep Lemon memory foam mattress (very firm)
- Hyde & Sleep Ultra-Premium Rainbow memory foam mattress (ultra firm)
These memory foam mattresses generally feature three layers.
- A top comfort layer of memory foam for contouring and comfort.
- Transitional polyfoam layer (or additional memory foam layer, depending on the specific mattress) for added support.
- Zoned support foam base layer for optimal spinal alignment & additional cooling.
Memory foam is an excellent material used in orthopaedic mattresses for body-hugging support. 🤗
Look at the below images as a demonstration:
As your body heats the foam, it contours to your body, offering optimal support and body-hugging comfort.
These mattresses tend to be softer and more mouldable, retain more heat, offer great relief of pressure points, and adapt better to the body. ✨
Interestingly, all of the Hyde & Sleep memory foam mattresses are marked as firmer.
But, they still won’t be as firm as spring mattresses. 🌀
The Lilac is the softest option of the Hyde & Sleep memory range, while the Lemon and the Rainbow mattresses are firmer.
Hyde & Sleep hybrid mattresses
Hyde & Sleep also offers a few hybrid mattresses.
- Hyde & Sleep Hybrid Blueberry mattress (medium-firm)
- Hyde & Sleep Hybrid Raspberry mattress (firm)
- Hyde & Sleep Hybrid Orange mattress (very firm)
The Hyde & Sleep hybrid mattresses also feature three layers.
- A top layer of memory foam for pressure relief, softness, and comfort.
- A middle layer of micro coils that contours to the sleeper’s shape, responds quickly to pressure, and offers bounce and support. There is an edge support foam around the springs.
- A zoned support foam layer to act as the foundational base.
Hybrid mattresses combine two quality materials - memory foam and pocket springs - to create a product that features the best of both.
Generally, hybrid mattresses are cooler and more breathable, easier to move on, and more supportive. ❄️
With top layers of memory foam, though, these also offer good body-hugging support.
These mattresses are also a little firmer than the memory foam options.
The Blueberry is the “softest” of the three, while the Hybrid Orange is the firmest option. 🍊
Who are Hyde & Sleep mattresses suitable for?
Hyde & Sleep mattresses are a good option for a wide variety of sleepers.
Suitable for all sleeping positions and builds
Hyde & Sleep mattresses come in various firmness levels, making them a good choice for all types of sleepers. ☁️🧸🧱
Your build and weight will influence the firmness level you choose, but your preferred sleeping style also plays a role.
In general, the following is true:
- Side sleepers and lighter-weight sleepers will do better on softer mattresses.
- Average-weight sleepers and combination sleepers are most comfortable on medium-firm mattresses.
- Heavier-weight sleepers and pure stomach sleepers or back sleepers often prefer firmer mattresses.
But, personal preference also plays a role.
If you prefer a firmer mattress, then the Hybrid Orange or the Rainbow mattress may be good options.
If you prefer softer mattresses, you could opt for the Lilac or Blueberry mattresses.
Suitable for people who like memory foam
All Hyde & Sleep mattresses feature next-gen memory foam.
But, the exact feel will differ slightly:
- The memory foam mattresses offer more contouring and body-hugging comfort.
- The hybrid mattresses still offer contouring and body-hugging comfort but to a lesser degree.
If you don’t like the feel of memory foam, then Hyde & Sleep mattresses are probably not for you. 🙅
But if you like the soft sleeping surface memory foam offers, these are a good option. 👍
Suitable for people who want standard flat mattresses
Conveniently, Hyde & Sleep mattresses are available in two versions:
- Standard: The mattress is delivered flat.
- Rolled: The mattress is delivered rolled up and vacuum-packed in a box.
If you don’t want the hassle of unpacking a mattress and waiting for it to expand, Hyde & Sleep mattresses are a good option. 📦
Hyde & Sleep mattress covers
All Hyde & Sleep mattresses feature a similar mattress cover with a white-and-grey design with coloured piping.
The colour of the piping matches the colour name of the mattress. 🌈
The mattress cover is made from a 98% polyester and 2% Elastane blend.
This combination of materials makes the Hyde & Sleep mattress cover soft, stretchy, and very breathable. ⛅️
Airflow in a mattress - especially a memory foam mattress - is important.
Memory foam tends to store heat, so you need a breathable cover to allow good airflow, carrying away excess heat and moisture for optimal temperature regulation. ❄️
The Hyde & Sleep mattress covers allow for this.
What do Hyde & Sleep mattresses cost?
Hyde & Sleep mattresses are quite pricey, starting at almost £600 for the cheapest option in the smallest size. 😳
You may be lucky and find a Hyde & Sleep discount voucher to cut the costs.
But, Hyde & Sleep coupons are exceedingly rare, so we wouldn’t rely on this. 🤷♀️
Hyde & Sleep delivery conditions
Hyde & Sleep mattresses are delivered free of charge within 7 business days, though some mattresses may take longer.
Like other standard bed-in-a-box mattresses, the Hyde & Sleep range is delivered vacuum-sealed, rolled up, and compressed in a cardboard box. 📦
This allows for hassle-free delivery. 🚛
But, some of the hybrid mattresses are also available in standard flat options, where you’ll get the full-size mattress delivered.
This is great for people who are unable to handle the unpacking of a bed-in-a-box mattress. 🥰
How do you unpack your Hyde & Sleep mattress?
Unpacking a mattress in a box is pretty straightforward.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Place the mattress box onto your bed frame.
- Open the box and take out the rolled-up mattress.
- Cut open the plastic covering and unfold the mattress.
- Remove all excess wrapping.
Your mattress will start to expand as soon as the vacuum seal has been broken. 🎈
While inflation tends to happen quite quickly, it can take a few hours for your mattress to reach its full size.
Do Hyde & Sleep mattresses smell?
Off-gassing is common with bed-in-a-box mattresses.
This is a chemical smell that you’re likely to encounter when first unpacking your mattress.
Luckily, the smell isn’t harmful or toxic - but it can be unpleasant. 🧪
It’s always best to unwrap a new mattress in a well-ventilated room.
We’d also give it a chance to air out before covering it with bedding. 💨
Hyde & Sleep mattress guarantee
All Hyde & Sleep mattresses come with a 1-year guarantee. 1️⃣
This is considerably shorter than the guarantee of other bed-in-a-box brands - these tend to offer a 10-year guarantee.
We firmly believe that the guarantee period a brand offers is indicative of their overall quality.
The shorter guarantee period makes us wary. ⛔️
Contact Hyde & Sleep UK
Customer service: To contact Hyde & Sleep directly for complaints, support, or queries, you’ll need to go via Dreams Beds UK. Please contact them at 0800 652 6750, visit their live online chat, or complete their online contact form.
Registered office: Knave's Beech Industrial Estate, Knaves Beech Way, Loudwater, High Wycombe HP10 9YU