How we test products
Our mission is to take the guesswork out of finding the perfect sleep products.
We've dedicated hundreds of hours to testing mattresses and sleep accessories, and rely on a team of testers of differing weights, temperature preferences, and sleeping positions to evaluate each product.
Tested products are granted the Sleep Hero tested stamp of approval, a mark of our review's reliability.
If we haven't personally tested a product, please be assured that we invest significant time and energy into scouring the UK market and researching the best recommendations, and we work with a team of sleep experts who review our articles, ensuring that the insights we provide are not only relatable but also reliable.
Emma Original vs Emma One mattress composition
As the overview of the main differences above has indicated, the Emma Original and the Emma One are remarkably similar.
At a height of 25 cm, they both consist of three layers of high-quality foam.
Both mattresses are manufactured in the UK. 🇬🇧
Emma Original mattress composition
The Emma Original mattress is made up of 3 layers of foam:
- Innovative Airgocell foam absorbs moisture and keeps the mattress ventilated.
- Viscoelastic memory foam distributes pressure and adapts perfectly to the contours of the body, providing that cushiony feeling.
- HRX cold foam base layer provides the necessary stability and support.
The three layers work together optimally to provide superior comfort and excellent support.
Breathability & support
Memory foam tends to retain more heat than other foams but the more breathable Airgocell foam counteracts this, resulting in a more neutral temperature.
The cold foam layer also provides necessary stability, while the memory foam layer gives the Emma Original that body-hugging comfort.
Emma One mattress composition
The Emma One mattress is also made up of 3 layers of foam:
- Breathable Airgocell foam layer provides exceptional point-elasticity.
- The memory foam layer distributes pressure and adapts perfectly to the contours of the body, providing that cushiony feeling.
- HRX cold foam base layer provides stability and support.
As with the Emma Original, the foams in the Emma one work together optimally to provide for a comfortable and cuddly feel, maximum breathability, and support.
Better ventilation & zoning
The memory foam distributes pressure evenly and adapts well to the contours of your body. 🤗
Integrated ventilation channels in the mattress aid breathability, making the mattress cooler despite the memory foam.
The mattress also features advanced 3-layer zoning to better support the shoulder and hip areas.
Emma accessories fit both mattresses
The Emma brand offers numerous sleep accessories, which fit well with both the Emma Original and the Emma One.
In the UK, you'll find:
- A selection of Emma pillows, including memory foam and microfibre option.
- The Emma mattress protector, which is waterproof, breathable, and antibacterial.
- The Emma Cloud duvet & the Emma weighted blanket.
- The Emma bed frame.
Our favourite Emma accessories:
Which mattress is better, the Emma Original or the Emma One?
Both the Emma Original and the Emma One are excellent mattresses, offering a high degree of comfort with good stability and support.
The only difference between the two is the degree of firmness.
The Emma One mattress is much firmer than the Emma Original.
Choose the Emma Original if you:
- Prefer soft mattresses.
- Are of light or average weight.
- Like to sleep on your side.
Choose the Emma One if you:
- Prefer firmer mattresses.
- Are of average or heavier weight.
Since the Emma One is no longer available in the UK, we'd recommend the Nectar mattress as the next best memory foam alternative.