How we test products
Our mission is to take the guesswork out of finding the perfect sleep products.
We've dedicated hundreds of hours to testing mattresses and sleep accessories, and rely on a team of testers of differing weights, temperature preferences, and sleeping positions to evaluate each product.
Tested products are granted the Sleep Hero tested stamp of approval, a mark of our review's reliability.
If we haven't personally tested a product, please be assured that we invest significant time and energy into scouring the UK market and researching the best recommendations, and we work with a team of sleep experts who review our articles, ensuring that the insights we provide are not only relatable but also reliable.
Eve Premium mattress composition
The Eve Premium is a memory foam mattress composed of four layers of foam to offer the best possible degree of comfort and support.
The layers in detail:
- Eve floatfoam layer: 3 cm (1.1") top layer of hybrid Evecomfort foam with a density of 58 kg / m³. This layer offers a soft feel but firm support with active cooling technology.
- Memory foam layer: 2 cm (0.7") thick and with a density of 53 kg / m³. This layer provides a cocooning feel that contours around the body.
- A support layer of open-cell HR foam: 3 cm (1.1") thick support foam layer, with a density of 48 kg / m³. This is the firm, supportive layer that keeps the spine aligned and encourages neutral spine alignment.
- Finally, a base layer of HR foam with open cells: 19 cm (7.4") thick and with a density of 43 kg / m³ is the durable base layer that supports the entire body. It is distinguished by its 7 comfort zones that allow the hips and shoulders to be well-supported.
The 7 contour zones allow your body to remain optimally aligned, no matter your sleeping position.
The softer memory foam and firmer foam layer work together to provide both body-hugging comfort and stability for optimal spinal alignment and support.
Eve Premium mattress cover
The Eve Sleep Premium mattress includes a luxuriously thick and quilted top cover.
It is composed of 97% polyester, 2% elastane, and 1% silver thread.
The silver lining has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, making it a great hygienic choice. 🧼
The cover also features a non-slip base to make sure your mattress remains firmly on your bed frame.
The cover also features handles, which makes rotating and moving the mattress easier.
The top cover wicks away moisture and allows for enhanced breathability and cooling.
The mattress cover is completely removable and can be machine-washed at 40°.
However, we always recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with any mattress to prevent stains or moisture build-up over time.
Our favourite mattress protectors:
Is the Eve Premium mattress good for hot sleepers?
Traditional memory foam retains more heat than other types of foam, providing a warmer sleeping environment.
The Eve Premium combines Evecomfort foam with an active cooling cover to counteract this.
The mattress also contains thermoregulatory graphite particles that keep you pleasantly cool, even in summer.
This allows the mattress to provide an overall well-regulated sleeping environment. 🌡️
We read some Eve Premium mattress reviews where customers complained that the mattress could get a little warm.
We recommend hot sleepers avoid all-foam mattresses.
Instead, opt for a cool mattress, such as a hybrid or pocket-sprung mattress with natural ventilation channels and better overall breathability.
Eve Premium sizes
The Eve Premium mattress is available in three standard UK mattress sizes.
- Eve Premium mattress double: 135 x 190 cm (4’6" x 6’3")
- Eve Premium mattress king size: 150 x 200 cm (5’ x 6’6”)
- Eve Premium mattress super king-size: 180 x 200 cm (6’ x 6’6”)
All of the size options are 28 cm (11") thick and compatible with the Eve bed frames.
(Note: prices listed below are standard prices, excluding any current coupons and discounts)
Eve Premium delivery
The Eve Premium mattress is delivered to your home free of charge.
You'll typically receive an email a day or two before your delivery to let you know it's on the way.
The Eve Premium is vacuum-packed and placed in a convenient box that will fit any staircase or passageway.
Should your mattress weigh 40 kg (88 lbs) or under, Eve will ensure delivery right up to your doorstep but will not carry it upstairs.
However, if your mattress exceeds 40 kg (88 lbs), they'll carry your item directly to your specified room, alleviating any stress.
Once unpacked, it will inflate to its original size within a short period of time.
Upon initial unboxing of your Eve Sleep Premium mattress, you might notice a certain off-gassing odour. ♨️
This is a common occurrence with vacuum-sealed mattresses, and it should dissipate within a few hours.
Nevertheless, the scent might be irritating to some, so we suggest airing out your room by opening a few windows.
Eve Premium warranty
Eve Sleep confidently provides a 10-year warranty on their mattresses, aimed to repair or replace parts with manufacturing defects. 🛠️
- Spring unit failures
- Side stitching coming apart
- Excessive indentation or sagging
- Physical flaws causing foam to split or crack
- Manufacturing defect in the mattress cover's zipper assembly or fabric
Purchasing a mattress with a warranty offers the assurance of protection against manufacturing defects, sparing customers from unexpected replacement or repair costs.
A 10-year warranty is fairly standard for bed-in-a-box mattresses.
However, some of our favourite brands offer even longer guarantees.
The Hypnia Essential Hybrid comes with a 15-year warranty.