While both mattresses are made of high-quality materials, the details do differ.
Emma Original mattress 3 layers of foam with Airgocell
The Emma Original mattress consists of three layers:
- 4 cm Airgocell foam: This foam contains the patented Airgocell technology, which distributes pressure well and promises a high level of comfort. It is made up of approximately 50% air, which helps to keep the foam more breathable, provides good ventilation, and allows for ideal sleeping conditions.
- 4 cm memory foam: This viscoelastic foam offers excellent pressure relief and adapts perfectly to the contours of the body, providing that cocooning effect. In combination with the Airgocell, this comfort layer allows for a soft and comfortable sleep.
- 17 cm cold foam: The base of the mattress consists of a firmer cold foam, which helps to support the body and relieves your back and spine. It limits the sagging of the mattress in the long-term and ensures a good lifespan.
The Emma Original mattress is well-assembled and its cover has a good finish. We were really impressed by the quality of this mattress.
The grey-and-white Emma Original mattress cover is made of 98% polyester and 2% elastane (with 100% polyester for the sides). It offers excellent temperature control and features for side handles that make transportation of the mattress easier.
The cover can be easily removed and machine-washed at 60℃.
BUY EMMA ORIGINAL
Simba mattress: 4 layers of foam and latex
The Simba mattress offers excellent quality. It is a hybrid mattress, which already sets it apart from other mattresses we have tested. It has four layers and featured a unique combination of foam and pocket springs.
The layers are as follows:
- 4 cm latex foam: This is made of Simbatex foam, a synthetic latex. This layer feels soft and supple and is also very breathable, which prevents any overheating issues.
- 2 cm pocket springs: These springs are integrated into the body of the mattress. There are several thousand conical springs (the exact number depends on the size of the mattress). They adapt well to the body and support the body weight, allowing for comfort and support. These also provide good relief from pressure points.
- 3.5 cm memory foam: This viscoelastic foam and third layer of the Simba mattress is very malleable. It adapts perfectly to the body, offering excellent support. While memory foam mattresses often adapt too well and make movement difficult, this was not the case with the Simba mattress. The first two layers seem to balance this out well. Memory foam also retains body heat, leading to a warmer sleeping climate, but this is also balanced out by the springs.
- 15.5 cm cold foam: The base layer is made of cold foam, divided into seven zones. This gives the mattress a firm base and sufficient stability.
The Simba mattress cover is blue-purple in colour and very soft, from 100% polyester.
The cover is removable and machine-washable at 30℃. It is also hypoallergenic, making it a good choice for people who suffer from allergies.