Amazon Prime Day mattress & sleep deals
Check out some of these fantastic mattresses and sleep products available on Amazon:
- Amazon UK mattress deals for Prime Day
- Amazon Prime mattress topper deals
- Amazon Prime Day pillow deals
- Amazon Prime Day bedding deals
We've listed a few of our favourite Amazon UK mattress and sleep products below.
Amazon Prime mattresses & sleep accessories:
Amazon Prime Day deals - Emma UK
Amazon offers a wide range of Emma mattresses and sleep accessories, including the award-winning Emma Original, mattress protectors and covers, pillows, duvets, and bed frames.
The options can be overwhelming, so why not read our reviews to help you decide which product to buy? 🤔
We've got these Emma mattress reviews:
And these Emma bedding reviews:
- Emma Original pillow review
- Emma Premium pillow review
- Emma Premium Microfibre pillow review
- Emma mattress topper review
- Emma mattress protector review
- Emma divan bed review
Also, check out our article on the best Emma beds!
These high-quality hypoallergenic products offer excellent pressure relief and a guaranteed good night's sleep.
Buy an Amazon Emma mattress:
What is Amazon Prime Day UK?
Amazon Prime Day is a 48-hour period in which Amazon Prime customers can get incredible discounts on a wide range of products. 💰
There are various ways to save with Amazon Prime Day:
- Look out for Lightning Deals on Prime Day.
- Look out for blue badges on items - these are exclusive Prime Day deals.
- Get early access to some Prime Day deals with Alexa.
- Get exclusive Amazon vouchers ahead of Prime Day for extra savings.
Amazon will also support your charity of choice, with all donations doubled on Prime Day.
What to look out for when buying your new mattress on Amazon Prime Day
Amazon Prime Day deals can be pretty extravagant.
It's easy to get caught up in the glitz and glam of savings. ✨
But, never take the purchase of a new mattress lightly.
After all, the quality of your mattress affects the quality of your sleep. 😴
If you want a mattress to last you the next ten years, you need to spend some time thinking about your purchase.
Not all mattresses sold on Amazon are high-quality mattresses. 🤷♀️
This means it's even more important to spend time reading customer reviews and doing independent research to see if the mattress you're about to buy is a good fit.
The following key criteria can guide you. 👇
It's important to consider not only the material the mattress is made of but also the quality of these materials.
Quality of foam mattresses
To determine the quality of a foam mattress, you can look at the foam density.
Rule of thumb: The higher the density, the higher the quality of the mattress
Foam density is measured in units showing how much foam was used for one cubic metre.
Higher density materials are likely to last much longer, so you can enjoy your mattress for a long time. 🗓
Quality of spring mattresses
For spring mattresses, you need to look at how many springs the mattress contains.
We recommend choosing a mattress with at least 350 springs for the smallest size. 🌀
The higher the spring count, the higher the quality of the mattress and the more likely it is to last. ✅
Different mattress materials
There is no right or wrong choice when it comes to mattress materials.
But, we would recommend you steer away from cheaper materials.
No-go mattresses would include:
- Cheap innerspring mattresses, such as open coil mattresses.
- Cheap foam mattresses, such as 100% polyether or polyurethane foam mattresses.
We would recommend you opt for the following mattresses:
- Pocket sprung mattresses
- Memory foam mattresses
- Hybrid mattresses
- Latex mattresses
- Mattresses made from eco materials
The right type of mattress material for you will depend on your needs.
Memory foam, for example, is an adaptive foam with great pressure-relieving qualities, which is great if you have orthopaedic concerns. 🤗
If you need more support and prefer a cooler sleep, a more breathable pocket sprung mattress, which allows for greater airflow, may be right for you. 💨
Natural latex mattresses are great if you're looking for eco-friendly and organic materials.
Many of the mattresses we recommend are hybrid mattresses.
These combine pocket springs with memory foam and provide the best of both worlds. 🌎
One of our Sleep Hero favourites is the Simba Hybrid.
Your body weight, height, and preferred sleeping position will affect your desired firmness level.
But, this is often also a matter of preference.
- Softer mattresses are great for people who want to sleep in their bed, side sleepers, and lighter-weight people.
- Medium-firm mattresses are great for combination sleepers and average-weight sleepers.
- Firmer mattresses are great for people who want to sleep on top of their bed, back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and heavier-weight people.
If the mattress you're considering has been featured on Sleep Hero, you can use the Sleep Hero firmness scale.
All mattresses we review are placed on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is the softest and 10 is the firmest.
This should be an easy one as you're likely to know which mattress size you need.
But, some mattresses available on Amazon in the UK come in standard European or American sizes!
We would recommend sticking to standard UK sizes. 📏
This will make hunting for bed frames and bedding much easier!
The standard UK mattress sizes include:
- Small single mattresses sized 75 x 190 cm (2'6" x 6'3")
- Single mattresses: 90 x 190 cm (3' x 6'3")
- Small double mattresses: 120 x 190 cm (4' x 6'3")
- Double mattresses: 135 x 190 cm (4'6" x 6'3")
- King size mattresses: 150 x 200 cm (5' x 6'6")
- Super-king-size mattresses: 180 x 200 cm (6’ x 6’6”)
You can choose any size that fits your requirements and your budget. 💷
Our only recommendation would be to choose a double or king mattress (or larger) if you're sharing your bed with a partner.
While you don't have to worry about delivery conditions with Amazon Prime, you still need to check if your new mattress comes with a trial period. 🚛
Most bed-in-a-box mattresses we recommend come with risk-free trial periods.
Trial periods give you the chance to try out the mattress in your own home. 🏡
After all, it can take the body a few weeks to get used to a new mattress.
This is especially true if your new mattress is very different to your old mattress.
If you're not happy after a few weeks, you can return the mattress for a full refund.